Applications are now available for our Middle School Prep and High School Prep programs! Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- December: Information sessions begin
- December–April: Review of applications
How do I apply for College Prep?
Read more information on the Rising to Distinction program and how to apply here.
How do I apply for Middle School Prep and High School Prep?
- Check your eligibility. An applicant must:
- Be currently enrolled in fifth, sixth, or seventh grade
- Maintain a B average in all core subject areas (English, math, etc.)
- Live in a household where the total income does not exceed $65,000 per year
- Be a student of color
- Attend an information session.
- Complete and submit a Middle School Prep application or a High School Prep application.
High School Prep applicants will take an admissions test and be interviewed by Buffalo Prep staff.
What do I need to include with my application?
A complete application includes:
- Student’s report card – progress reports will NOT be accepted
- Proof of income: W-2s, pay stubs, 1040 IRS tax return form, etc.
- Math and English teacher recommendation forms.
How do I nominate a student?
If you know a student who may be a good fit for Buffalo Prep, you can nominate them here.