Middle School Prep and High School Prep applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- December: Information sessions begin
- December–April: Review of applications
How do I apply for College Prep?
Read more information on the Rising to Distinction program and how to apply here.
How do I apply for Middle School Prep and High School Prep?
- Check your eligibility. An applicant must:
- Be currently enrolled in fifth, sixth, or seventh grade
- Maintain a B average in all core subject areas (English, math, etc.)
- Live in a household where the total income does not exceed $65,000 per year
- Be a student of color
- Attend an information session.
- Complete and submit a Middle School Prep application (current 5th or 6th graders) or High School Prep application (current 7th graders).
High School Prep applicants will take an admissions test and be interviewed by Buffalo Prep staff.
What do I need to include with my application?
A complete application includes:
- Student’s report card – progress reports will NOT be accepted
- Proof of income: W-2s, pay stubs, 1040 IRS tax return form, etc.
- Math and English teacher recommendation forms.
How do I nominate a student?
If you know a student who may be a good fit for Buffalo Prep, you can nominate them here.