Become their inspiration
The Buffalo Prep Mentor Me program creates and supports relationships between working professionals and Buffalo Prep students during their senior year of high school through their first semester of college. Mentors share professional and life experiences to guide students during this critical time in their lives and help them maximize their full potential.
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Have an associate degree or higher
- Be a resident of Western New York
- Complete a screening process facilitated by Compeer of Greater Buffalo
Roles and expectations
The Mentor Me program involves a commitment of 18 months, which includes:
- Monthly face-to-face contact with the mentee
- Other communication through phone conversations, texts, emails, FaceTime, Skype, and so on
- Attending one orientation with Compeer of Greater Buffalo prior to beginning your relationship with a Buffalo Prep student
- Attending two training sessions annually
- Submitting monthly reports on your mentoring relationship
If you are interested in becoming a mentor and changing the lives of Buffalo Prep students, please contact us. All applicants will go through a screening process facilitated by Compeer of Greater Buffalo, an organization that matches volunteer mentors to students.