College Prep provides academic support, college advisement, enrichment opportunities, and socio-emotional counseling throughout high school as students transition into higher education.
To best serve its students, College Prep offers the following:
- Academic skills assessments, coaching, and workshops
- College fair and on-site college representative visits
- College tours
- Individualized college counseling
- College and scholarship essay writing workshops
- Mock college admissions interviews
- Financial aid workshops and counseling
- Scholarship advisement
- SAT/ACT prep classes
- Circle Meetings (in-school Buffalo Prep community meetings)
- Career exploration and development
- Leadership development
- Student-designed social events
In addition to nurturing academic success, college readiness, and career awareness, College Prep also encourages students and their families to think strategically about the college admissions process by helping students assess their skills and accomplishments and establish goals aligned with their college and career aspirations. The result is an individualized college admissions action plan that ends with college acceptances.
100% of Buffalo Prep graduates are accepted to college.